• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft exhaust pipe compatability

Hasdrubal

Does any one have experience regarding the different part numbers for the M1009 R ft exhaust pipe. I found an OEM that I picked up thinking it would be a little different and need some bending where it meets the ext pipe and muffler, but it seems to match up against my existing pipe. Mine is a 86, with a later serial # which would call for 15599216. The pipe is the earlier part #. I'm asking before I take it to a muffler shop and find out that it doesn't fit. What could be the difference here? The spacing of the holes where it mounts to the exhaust manifold?

15595216 APPLIES TO VEHICLES BEFORE VIN FF136169
15599216 APPLIES TO VEHICLES STARTING WITH VIN FF136169

cucvrus

I never knew there was a difference. If there is it is not on the tri-mount bell flange mount. They are all the same. I would say roll with it. I have pipes made for mine that are different than the stock ones. I have them made that the bend is higher then the front springs. It makes it a tad more difficult to remove the oil filter. But nothing a rag won't fix. Filter leaks more when tilted to remove. Many I seen the front pipes dented and bent from lifting and rocks. Stock on all models hang lower then the front springs. Report back but I think you are good. Have a great day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks