• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Lewis DRMO

hwcurtice

Where is Brad's? I might be interested, if I knew what I was getting into...

Oh wait, I'm in this forum and this thread. I should already know I should be worried.....

OSO

The reason Brad is cutting up trucks ,the county flew over his land took photos , and said he had too much showing on the ground . Trucks, connex, equipment ,trailers,wood,and a host of other things. County said only a few trucks could be visible . Needs more garage space to cover trucks. Brad is cool guy, a lot of knowledge on trucks ,equipment, and the sort. Bought a cab , my combat wheels , starter from him.2cents

ABN173

The reason Brad is cutting up trucks ,the county flew over his land took photos , and said he had too much showing on the ground . Trucks, connex, equipment ,trailers,wood,and a host of other things. County said only a few trucks could be visible .
Hmmm nothing some surplus CAMO netting would not be able to fix!

srodocker

Got ahold of brad and he said come on down next saturday. so anyone want to meet up at say tacoma mall or down in lacey and show people how to get there for those who dont know? i will be bringing my truck but bring whatever you want.

Hey guys - the reason for the trucks getting chopped is the same reason they are there in the first place - Jerry (Brad's partner and boss) runs a metal scrap business - if the trucks are bringing in more than scrap and county inspectors are not sniffing so hard nothing would get the gas axe...

Sadly scrap is high and they can barely meet payroll so if anyone wants stuff from him now is the time to move on it - there are a bunch of engines they are going through and there are still a fair number of project trucks and a few runners of different varieties and grade...

One of his best guys died last year and the way the yard was run has suffered ever since - Eric was a pitbull and is definitely missed around there...

The long and short of it is they need to move about 30 to 40 tons of metal each week - he can barely make 20 with the current labor force so the whole deal is kinda running backwards - to make matters worse the county keeps strong arming him with property restrictions and planning walk thru inspections.

It sucks - but it is what it is...

Basically the best everyone can do is give him a fair deal and he will take care of you and then some - just remember at $360/ton some of the loose stuff is finding it's way into the scrap bin.

HTH

Matt