• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Lewis GL to Pull Tire Lots??

MilitaryRestoration

mike, i've got tons of those 15.5's if you are interested... and can't say i didn't tell ya so :) told ya they'll be pulled ;-) I doubt the tires will come back but if they do i would guess it might be a while... never know though.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well there was about 2-3 ft of snow on top of the trailers and snow drifts around them. The only thing you could make out was a pintle and a silhouette of one tire:roll:
Sounds like if you bought one of those trailers you could file a claim when you went to pick it up and the snow was missing. rofl

bigelk50

Hey guys I was out hunting for the weekend! Yeah, in my opinion they should have just made us have an EUC and still let us have them, oh well.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does Esmeralda do with those 15.5 tires on rough roads. How's the articulation? Do they rub pretty good?
No problem with articulation. The only clearance issue is the j-pipe gets rubbed in a tight turn on right front.

It is unlikely that GL is going to demount those tires or take the run flat hardware off of the rims. They will most likely be sold to the scrap contractor who will be required to demil them.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I won some 1600s, Finally. Got a good deal too (IMO)... Now this....

I got a phone call tonight from a buddy saying that all of the tire lots that sold today at Ft. Lewis are being pulled. They have run flats in them and the Gov. got picky about that. Now all of the tires new or not are going to the shredder. He called up there to talk about the tires he bought.

Just great......:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Guess I will wait for the e mail.

Did you get the e-mail yet or are we still working on conjecture and hearsay????

nk14zp

mike, i've got tons of those 15.5's if you are interested... and can't say i didn't tell ya so :smile: told ya they'll be pulled :wink: I doubt the tires will come back but if they do i would guess it might be a while... never know though. how much for a ton?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got an email from GL stating that they would not be put up for resale. That means they will go to the scrap contractor who will have to demil them.

That probably means that they dismount the tires, remove the runflat gear, and then sell them for 3x as much as we would have paid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks