• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Lewis Pick Up Assistance Needed!

NEWFDAD

Hello All, I ended up getting 4 of the M101A2s when I was just after 2 of them. I may need to make two trips and need to find a way to store at least two of them for a little while. I am about 600 miles away in Western Montana. If I indeed need to make two trips I would prefer the second one to be in the Spring so that the wife and I can make a trip out of it. We would love to use our new Alaskan truck camper to see some of the coast as well as visit the Alaskan Camper factory in Chehalis, WA.

Any help or advise would be appreciated!

PS: I do have them listed on Uship to see if having them shipped is an option that I can afford.

Stalwart

Nice to hear some people could step up. I don't have the room at the moment for even the HEMAT I have to pick up on Friday, so it has to sleep on my trailer until I get rid of some junk. :cookoo:

Stalwart

I'm NOT kidding, no laughing matter with 21,000 lbs of gasiline powered truck with a top speed of 40 mph. Think 2.5 MPG! The crane equipped ones weigh 1-1.5 tons more.

NEWFDAD

This site is the best! Guys step up and help in an instant! I will get back to you guys soon, I am trying to get GL to recognize the fact that Montana residents don't pay Washington sales tax. I hope to have this fixed today.

Bighurt

I doubt they will...

GL has some sort of set up that they are required to charge all customers the tax rate for the state the item is sold, if required by that state to collect tax. You'll have better luck getting Montana to collect the money from Washington if they have reciprocity, than getting the money from GL.

If you find the need to relieve yourself of a M101, I'm planning to head to Scott's place and pick up a crate. Wouldn't mind having a trailer follow me home.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to get GL to recognize the fact that Montana residents don't pay Washington sales tax.
The only way to avoid paying the Washington tax is to be setup as a Washington reseller. I already was but then had to send in the forms before the auction close or I would have had to pay the tax too. GL is going to charge you the tax.

You will have to pay the tax then apply for a refund here
Apply for a tax refund

Looks like you first have to try and get GL to refund it, then when they refuse, fill out the two forms. At least that's the way I read it.

NEWFDAD

Hey Bigurt, Just got off the phone with GL and after sending them an online form from Washington they changed the invoice. So now there will be no more sales tax when I buy in WA. If you look it up online residents of a state that has less than 3% sales tax in there state are not required to pay sales tax in the state of Washington. I was prepared to also argue the fact that Washington state does not charge sales tax on vehicles and trailers sold to an out of state resident and the vehicle will be registered out of state.

Bighurt

Hey Bigurt, Just got off the phone with GL and after sending them an online form from Washington they changed the invoice. So now there will be no more sales tax when I buy in WA. If you look it up online residents of a state that has less than 3% sales tax in there state are not required to pay sales tax in the state of Washington. I was prepared to also argue the fact that Washington state does not charge sales tax on vehicles and trailers sold to an out of state resident and the vehicle will be registered out of state.
Sounds good...

I went rounds and lost, but I couldn't find supporting evidence as you have for my situation.

NEWFDAD

Hey Beer slayer, GL did "refund " the money but said it was a one time courtesy. I put refunds in " " because I hadn't paid the invoice yet! They just charged my account for the trailers and not the tax.

If you look up the sales tax codes for Washington you will see a few states listed where the residents of those states do not pay sales tax in Washinton for durable goods taken out of state.

NEWFDAD

Bighurt, Here is the link to the list of states that get the exemption. FYI North Dakota is not on the list.
Sales to Nonresidents

Here is a link to the form I had to fill out.
http://dor.wa.gov/docs/forms/excstx/exmptfrm/buyersretailtxexmptcert_e.pdf

You will notice that it says for tangible goods other than vehicles, thats because Washington does not charge sales tax on vehicles sold to out of state residence who are tittling it out of state. So I would argue with GL that any vehicle purchased in WA by anyone out of state should not be taxed.