• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. McCoy entry directions

DesertRunner

When I set up my pickup time with Seth at Ft McCoy, i forgot to get directions. Can anyone help? Do I enter off 21 and is there a special gate I should enter?

Jay

kennys@wi.rr.com

There is only one entrance. Make sure to have your license, registration and current insuance. I recently went with another member and we spent some time driving around looking for a DMV to get a copy of his registration, I shall leave his name out. Most importanly is to be prepared.

kennys@wi.rr.com

No problem lacoda, I was refering to the main entrance. I have seen the troop entrances, but I was foolish assuming he would know I ment civy entrance. Thanks for the clear up.

lacoda56

First time I was there, being a stupid newb, I almost took the convoy entrance to the east. Hey, I was excited about the pickup and not paying enough attention. :roll: When you get to the main gate, you can't miss it!

camp9

There is a building next to the main guard post, to the right behind a fence. Pull into the parking lot and go into the building with your insurance/registratiuon and they'll give you a pass.

skinnedknuckles

And watch out for the tank crossings on Hwy 21 . They are made out of concrete for reason. Don't worry too much about the shells flying over head , they won't gitcha. On Hwy 21 you are going to go past 3 enter points, the first one is just a gravel road heading North with a tank crossing and the next one to the North is to the State Police Academy then the next one to the North is the Main gate. Just before the main gate to your right is a parking lot to the registration building take your paperwork with you. If you have the time do the auto tour, its interesting and it will get you to the equipment park.
Paul in Janesville, Wis.

DesertRunner

Thanks

I would like to thank all that replied, my recovery went well, I arrived at 7:45am and waited until 8:30 before the vehicle pass office opened................ OK I forgot I was in Central Standard Time...... and I was on EST.

Seth had to move about a dozen trailers to get to mine, but he put it right on the hook. Went an had breakfast then drove 14hrs home, got in at 2am this morning.

Although the people were Great, I think I'll bid closer to home next time.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks