• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft McCoy

kennys@wi.rr.com

Well after the great rally we had at Poof's place I finally have my wife tipping towards that great phrase we all love, yes you may have a deuce. So I am trying to get a day off next week to go to McCoy to preview a few trucks. Here's my problem, I've never done this before and I'm not sure what to fully look for and what to ask. I was hoping to either get some ideas here or see if some one is available next week Wed or Thur to ride up there with me or meet me there?

As always thank you for the help.

roscoe

I got all three of my trucks from Ft. McCoy. All three are pretty nice in my opinion and they all drove home. Mike the GL guy is a good guy to deal with. I think a lot of their trucks are driven in and not forklifted around like some others. Good luck in your quest.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,
Look over the preview I did for you on the truck at Ft. Jackson. Also download the GTA on the deuce (inspection points) (GTA 9-1-185 on page 2 of the technical manuals in the Resources). That should give you a few more pointers. Having someone who already has done an inspection is just icing on the cake!

stumps

And, talk to Mike at Ft. McCoy. He is pretty much an expert on deuces, and will tell you anything you want to know about any truck in his inventory. He can be trusted.

-Chuck

skinnedknuckles

[thumbzup] Go for a ride in a deuce and see what happens :-D I think that your kids SURE would like to ride in their dads deuce to get an ice cream cone.:D I could meet you up there one day next week . Its been awhile since I have seen Mike. If we got up there early enough maybe we could go through the equipment park and check out some of the sights.
Paul in Janesville,Wis
1945 CJ-2a
1953 m37
1955 CJ-5
1961 m37B1
1968 m101a2
1968 m105a2
1971 Bobbed Deuce w/w
1971 m35a2 6x6
MVPA and MVPG member

poof

Dirty Hippie
Well after the great rally we had at Poof's place I finally have my wife tipping towards that great phrase we all love, yes you may have a deuce. So I am trying to get a day off next week to go to McCoy to preview a few trucks. Here's my problem, I've never done this before and I'm not sure what to fully look for and what to ask. I was hoping to either get some ideas here or see if some one is available next week Wed or Thur to ride up there with me or meet me there?

As always thank you for the help.
Hello Kenny.. Paul aka skinnedknuckles is your man if you can corordanate with him.. If there is a place for me to ride up with you guys, I would love to go too..
I think that whats needed to gain access to "on-post" is a good form of ID and proof of insurance on the vehicle you drive on post..
Way to go :-D

kennys@wi.rr.com

Poof; you are always welcome. I think we are shooting for next week Thursday morning. I have to pick my mother-in-law up at the air port on Wed morning so that day is kind of shot. Let me know and I'm sure we can arrange it.

Kenny

kennys@wi.rr.com

I spoke to Mike today, and I must say he is as friendly as you have all told me. He has given me the all clear for Thursday from 8:00 to 14:00. So now I am working on getting my wife to allow me to bring the boy with me so "he" can enjoy the all the trucks in the park area??? Now I just have to work at convincing myself to get up real early on a day off to go, and for this it shouldn't be a problem. So if anyone else wants to come along just email me and we'll plan it from there.

kennys@wi.rr.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks