• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Mead pickup on 9-19 MAYBE!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dm22630 said:
BobM said:
John, did you also enter thru the gate on Reece Rd?
The directions on GL's website are for COMMERCIAL vehicles only.

They will ONLY let you in the Reece Rd (Main Gate) Entrance.

2cents
I've gone in the Rt. 32 gate several times with my pickup and car trailer to pick up stuff. Those guys don't care if you are commercial, as long as you have an ID, registration and insurance card. I was just there a couple of months ago and that's how I went in.

I'll be there Wednesday afternoon (1:30 or so) to get a truck for my father. Anyone else going Wednesday PM?

dm22630

HeadWizard said:
If one of you could lay eyes on a Generator/trailer that I won, I'd appreciate it. sale 3603, lot 3006. Any pics would be appreciated.

Don
I checked out all the stuff that sold in the 3603 sale. MOST of it was JUNK! The two M105A2 trailers WITH sides were NEW (I got one). The 2 genset trailers looked ok to me. However, it was raining. I think that some of the batteries on the one that you bought are cracked open on the sides. No excessive rust, and no bent up frame......however, the trailer was not resting on the front landing leg as it should....the leg was folded in the "up" position & the front of the trailer was touching the ground. You will need to bring a high-lift jack to load it or you could see if GL will assist with a forklift.

2cents

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hedelta and myself will be there at 0930 on Friday to pick up a deuce. PM me if you want anything looked at while we are there. I will try to hunt down perspective goodies for you, and for myself as well. We will be taking a deuce with tools, tow bar, fluids, fuel, filters, etc, and we are willing to help SS members who need it. PM me and I will give you my cell so we can contact each other. I hope to be out of there after doing the pre-trip inspection. I will also take pics and keep a log. I think it is great reading and seeing these recovery efforts. Gonna say my prayer tonite and every nite this week for a healthy duece, a quick trip, a safe trip and a tool box full of tools. Will post them on Saturady.

BobM

Here I sit on Thurs night about 3 miles from the main gate at Ft Mead. My internet at home went KABLOOIE! on Sun night and I have been virtually without internet since then. I got confirmation from Sarah for a 10:30 AM pickup on Fri the 19th (tomorrow morning as I write this).I got the confirmation late Mon morning.
So we finished the towbar and packed the Silverado for a Roadtrip. My wife had some routine med tests scheduled for this week and we barely made her appointments while getting everything ready. I got my internet put back on line about 1AM this morning.
So with about 5 hours of sleep, we made a trip to the insurance company and then about 630 miles over here to Md. I'll post my complaints about the insurance company later. :cry: I didn't have internet to offer to look over anyone else's stuff this trip. But with good luck we will have a 1008 in the morning!

BobM

We left Ft Mead at 12:10PM and made it home at 1:30AM after 644 miles. The towbar worked fine and the Silverado handled the 1008 fine.
I met several SS members while at Ft Mead. Everyone offered to help each other, but I think everyone had all that they needed. I was the last out before lunch, I believe.
I'll post pics tomorrow. Now it is sleep time! :D

BobM

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Great news and I have to say again that Sarah is top notch. Send GL a note about her she is a keeper.
I didn't get to meet Sarah :( but Justin was there(her assistant mng) and he was as helpful as can be.

Update on the truck:
GL did get my driveshaft with a fork also! :cry: But I put two batteries in and it fired right up! We are playing "Catch up!" today, but somewhere in this day I plan on putting the bent driveshaft in and seeing if it will move! :lol:

It LIVES! But a thunderstorm moved in and put an end to my playing. :cry:
Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

Attachments

BobM

Update: The driveshaft had to be retubed and then I found this drip...drip...drip...! :evil:
Yep, the dreaded forklift into the T-case! It broke the adapter between the tranny and T-case and broke it almost in two!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks