• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Meade GL M1008 I won--update-- its home

warwick

'86 M1008 18k, has key, vehicle runs ....according to GL

As soon as the .gov says its okay for me to own a 22 year old chevy truck my cousin and I will flat tow it home with his '00 F250.

I have some questions but I'm gonna spend some time reading the manuals and the cucv archives. This is my first euc so I guess I have plenty of time to read up and ask questions.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Why not drive it home it would only eat a lot of diesel. Nice truck and if you tow the remove and hang rear shaft is right on the money.

If you drive or tow remove the crew covering canvas or you will eat more fuel or rip it to shreads.

rfischba1

Where you located in MD

I live close to Ft. Meade and have threee truck to PU the end of August, need any help let me know.
Where you located in MD?

warwick

thanks for the comments, I feel better about rolling the dice on this m1008 now

I live on the easternshore, Salisbury area. If I have the guts to cross the bay bridge it will be a 115 mile flat tow. If i chicken out it will be a 185 mile flat tow up to Aberdeen and down through Delaware.

rfischba1 said:
I live close to Ft. Meade and have threee truck to PU the end of August, need any help let me know.
Where you located in MD?
thanks for the offer I'll keep it in mind in case we run into problems

BobM

warwick said:
"EUC sent to Battle Creek" ..... according to GL website

:jumpin:

This is my first euc .... I wonder how long it will take to clear
I don't have a clue, but mine says the same thing! Maybe we will be picking up our pickups at the same time. Here's hoping yours come quickly and that mine is right behind it! :D

K9Unit

I won my first auction the begining of july, My EUC was sent to battle creek about 3 1/2 weeks ago and they just collected everything today, I recieved my email with paid invoice this previous Sat.

warwick

euc approved :D.... my GL account has the paid in full invoice :mrgreen:

this was my first euc and it was approved in 10 days :shock:

I wasn't expecting it to clear this fast... I'll have to scramble to get all my ducks in row for pick up... hopefully this friday

:jumpin:

dm22630

warwick said:
I'll have to scramble to get all my ducks in row for pick up... hopefully this friday

gooooooooooood luck with that....

For both of my appointments it took at least a week for me to get on GLs schedule.

You need to email Sarah (site manager) to get on her list quickly.

2cents

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Drive it home get a tan tee shirt and most LEO's will not think about stopping you. Get it insured before you do but if it runs it would be fine driving it that far.

I may suggest Rustbullet for that hood. We should consider an Eastern Shore round up I aint afaid o no bridge

warwick

I had an appointment sept 19 10:00am for pickup at Meade. I woke up at o'dark thirty, my cousin got here 1/2 an hour later and we loaded up my tools and what not. We got to the GL lot and prepped the 1008 for the flat tow home. Got to meet a few steelsoldiers that were there picking up MVs. also had time to walk the lot and look at some M35s and M109s. my cousin has the OD bug now, he wants a M109. The trip home went great, murphy was busy some where else.

The M1008 is in good shape, except were GL hit it with a forklift on the driverside and bent the rear driveshaft.

Attachments