• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Meade

Ratch

Good to hear.

Do they let you drive the vehicle out, or do they require insurance proof, etc?
I had a chat with someone at Mechanicsburg, and was told that's my problem, they don't care how I get it off the lot. Just wondering if Ft Meade is the same, it would save a few bucks on recovery.

Nonotagain

Sarah is top shelf!, one of the best I've dealt with ever.
While Sarah still resides at Fort Meade, she is no longer a GL employee.

She works in the tan building as soon as you turn into the lot off of Rock Avenue.

Another good one escapes the clutches of Government Liquidation.

Whitey

Nonotagain is correct. Sarah was fantastic, but has moved to DRMO. Justin is about as nice a person you could find. Tamara (sp), I believe that's her name, is great also. She can lift alot for being soo petite. Amanda does the scheduling for Mechanicsburg and Annville. She always seems super busy, but is good to deal with. Mike (good guy and very hard worker) is the yard guy up there. If you can get him to smile I'll give you a dollar.

midcounty

Another great recovery from Ft Meade. The staff there is very pleasant and helpful. Hats off to Justin and the rest of the crew.

midcounty

67 M35A2 w/w, whistler turbo, and electric wipers woohoo! Truck starts and runs very nice. Doesn't have the power of my LDS though ;) I am happy with my purchase thus far. The body is rather rust free. I bought it with the intent to swap the wipers and fiberglass troop seats with the ones on my current truck, then resell it. After looking it over, it may end up being my back up truck. Well at least until I get a 5 ton.

midcounty

Thanks! I will be back to see Justin soon. I have two trailers waiting on EUC now. I picked up a 101 about a month ago(my first GL purchase) and now am getting a pair of 105 trailers. I'm officially addicted.

toomanytools

toomanytools

I am a new member, this is my first post. I "stumbled" upon GL and now I'm hooked. Last 30 days won and recovered an MEP003a w/trailer (2 batteries, 1 oil filter, oil, started right up and ran on my buddies' load bank at 11kw for over an hour. rock solid.) Just recovered an MEP002a w/trailer, (I wanted the canvas for my 003). Have no doubt it'll run fine.

Main reason for post is to say what a great experience dealing with Justin & Keisha at FT. Meade. With respect to security at the base, recovery is more than reasonable.

What a great site, I visted for hours and hours before joining. Thanks to all.

Ratch

I've recovered 6 trailers from Ft. Meade now, great experience each time, excluding when the dog handler at the gate asked me if I wanted to get bit that day.

acmunro

Good times with GL

Mike (good guy and very hard worker) is the yard guy up there. If you can get him to smile I'll give you a dollar.
I know this is an old post, but I think you owe me a few bucks - LOL. Usually the smile was from either my crazy plan on what I intended to use something for. How I wanted to load something, or what I paid for something.

The Ft Meade crew has always been good to me in the past and most recently a recovery about 3 weeks ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks