• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Polk assistance

ryker725

Does GL provide a forklift at Ft. Polk to assist with loading. I plan on trailering a M105 this week and need to know if this is something they will load for me if needed or do I need to bring some extra muscle??

goldneagle

Yes there is forklift help available at Ft. Polk. The forklift operator knowns her stuff too! Very secure base. I'll be there on Tuesday Morning for 10:00 AM appointment to p/u my M105 Trailer.

Attachments

LOL, mine is at 10:00am Wednesday morning. Hope I don't have any problems on the way, this is going to be the longest trip I've taken so far in the Deuce.

Doing some PM on it today and tomorrow to make sure!

LC

ryker725

I don't know what you guys think, but those are some of the nicest 105s I've ever seen on GL.. Glad I was on the ball for that auction to grab one cheap..

ryker725

Hey guys, if yall need anything on the trip over or back, I live just North of Lake Charles. PM me for tele #.

4x4
Pretty sure my trip will be uneventful as I'm loading out on a car hauler. Me and the wife will make a day of it.

I still plan on documenting the recovery though..

jimm1009

You have to go to the west side gate for non-registered visitors and they will give you a lot of greief in coming in the deuce and will try to shoo you away.
You have to stand your ground tell them that it is a P.O.V. and this is the only gate that you can enter through.
You will get in but they will look at you three times.
Have your registration, drivers licens, adn insurance ready for examination.

Good luck.

PS: I would tow it without hooking up the trailer brakes. If it is empty you can easily tow it home and that way you can check out the brakes on your own turf over having a problem with them on that curing country highway from V.P. to Polk and back.
It is a nice drive in the deuce and I've done it twice myself from Lafayette area.

Jim

jimim1009

Jim:

Do you mean the Main Gate? For the last couple years I've been using the North Fort entrance (the same that all trucks are required to use).

Seems like I went to the west entrance way back then and was told that anyone going to DRMO at Polk had to use the North Gate.

Now I'm wondering if something has changed.

LC

You have to go to the west side gate for non-registered visitors and they will give you a lot of greief in coming in the deuce and will try to shoo you away.
You have to stand your ground tell them that it is a P.O.V. and this is the only gate that you can enter through.
You will get in but they will look at you three times.
Have your registration, drivers licens, adn insurance ready for examination.

Good luck.

PS: I would tow it without hooking up the trailer brakes. If it is empty you can easily tow it home and that way you can check out the brakes on your own turf over having a problem with them on that curing country highway from V.P. to Polk and back.
It is a nice drive in the deuce and I've done it twice myself from Lafayette area.

Jim

jimim1009

2deuce

I brought my deuce and trailer in the commercial gate at Ft Lewis and after 10 minutes it left a small spot of engine oil. They had the mirrors under it and said that I had an excessive leak and that while they could deny me entrance ......they will let me in this time. If I said anything except "thank you sir", I'm sure I would have been on my way out. I'm just saying this because it all depends on the mood of the security guard on duty that day. I would be as humble as possible, if they want to they can find some reason in the manual to keep you out, but a call to the GL manager would have been my next step. Good Luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks