• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Polk pickup available!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We haven't addressed the tank problem yet. My buddy says sounded like Black Algae. We're going to try soaking in gasoline for a few days then drain and air out. But I found a tank in PA for $100 that a buddy is about 90 miles from he may go get for us this wknd and bring back to FL in a month or so. $100 for a clean tank is worth it versus spending time and $$$ on attempting to clean this one.
Try muriatic acid, as used in swimming pools...get a gallon or two from a pool supply store, not the diluted stuff from Lowes or Walmart. Soak it for 15 minutes on each side, then rinse thoroughly with water. It is very caustic, so wear thick rubber gloves & a face shield, and DO NOT breathe the fumes! A gallon worked for me on an old Deuce tank...

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Garrett, THANK YOU for picking up my M931A2 on Monday!! I am looking forward to picking it up from you next week, that is very kind of you.

Artisan

FWIW

I have spent some good time on the phone w/ Mr. Jeepsinker and I would
not hesitate to use his services.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Garrett, thank you so much for picking up & storing my M931A2 from Ft Polk for me!! The drive back to Utah via Las Vegas went fairly smoothly and I appreciate all of your advice & willingness to help out.

I would like to endorse Garrett for any pickups he can do for anyone; his rates are an unbeatable value for SS members, and he is a very competent mechanic & recovery man (of course his M936A2 wrecker helps too). I can't thank him enough, everything went very very well with my truck's recovery and 1640-mile drive afterwards.

Total thumbs up! [thumbzup]

20140205-01a.jpg

Jeepsinker

Yeah I'm still doing them, as long as what I pick up doesn't take up residence on my property. I can't be keeping items here for extended periods anymore. Erika got tired of looking at so much stuff sitting around the property.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks