• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Polk Pickup

Jayco36REQS

Greeting all....
Anyone close to Ft Polk who could help with picking up a Mobilized Expandable Shelter? It's on it's dolly, and looks to be good tires (at least they are holding air, and no signs of major cracks or split tread). It's my first time picking up from GP, a 13hr drive from FL, and hoping to reduce any potential issues. Plus, I'm not sure if I may need to rent a Gooseneck to haul it or if I need to do anything to the trailer to make the return trip to FL, I doubt the base will let me do anything onsite.

It would be within the next week. I'd be happy to compensate!!

Anyone interested, just PM me....

Thanks! :grin:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would call your GP rep Erik and see what your options are. They have a 10,000 lb forklift at DRMO, your best option would be to have Erik set the shelter on your rented gooseneck and drive home at 70 mph safely. Towing the shelter behind a pickup with the goofy clip on mobilizers down I-10 is not my idea of a good plan. If Erik cannot help you, there is a large martialing yard right outside the commercial vehicle gate at Polk where you can have a HD wrecker meet you to load the shelter.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeepsinker might be able to help.

I have pulled out of the drmo gate and done minor repairs outside the yard there is a small grassy area.

Only thing I saw that might be an issue is the air bag suspensions were stretched. Boots could be ripped? You would have to air up and check the on board hydraulics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks