• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Riley Deuce Load Out

dw9339

I am trying to get a Deuce shipped from Ft. Riley to Austin. I'm working with Eric from Hotshot to try and get a driver lined up, but he is having some bad luck finding an available driver this week.

In order to make GL happy and not miss my 10 day load out, I'm thinking of trying to find a local company in Ft. Riley to pick up the truck and hold it for a couple of days until a driver can be located.

Is there anyone close to Ft. Riley who would be willing to let me park the truck for a period of time on their property until it could be shipped to me? I could pay some, but hopefully less than $100

Does anyone know of a towing company local to Ft. Riley who has the ability to tow a deuce?

Flyingvan911

Look up a storage place that has RV storage. What event is your deuce from? First EUC? I live 2 hours east of Ft. Riley. There may be someone closer to Riley/Junction City, KS.

91W350

I am in Salina, is it a runner? I can pick it up and store it, I do not have anything heavy enough to haul it with. Westech is stationed at Riley and very sharp mechanically. Glen

westechs_wifey

We aren't stationed there anymore ...but we might be able to find a fellow soldier on post to help move it off post for you...let me talk to my husband

91W350

That is too bad, he was a tremendous resource! I was going to call him about checking out a couple of five tons for me. Hate to see you go......

Editing to add I am bout 50 miles west of Fort Riley.

westechs_wifey

I would call Gl and make sure the driver can get thru...some of Ft. Riley and Manhattan got flooded.yesterday and lastnite.....6 ft of water in some places ...the picture is a of one of my friend's apartment buildings....100's of people were evacuated from their homes

Attachments

Last edited:

mhassett

I just had Ray Patton pick up a duece for me at Fort Riley this morning, and he is headed south.
Would have been a nice load for Ray.