• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Sill Pickup; Need Help

KaiserM109

Can anyone pick up and hold 8 heaters for my MKT-85 kitchen trailer at Ft. Sill for me?

I will be in Norman, OK on Friday, July 18th to help pickup an M109 van but Ft. Sill is not open on Fridays. The closest pickup schedule I have been able to get is Monday, July 14th.

The spec's say they weigh 600 lb.; they fit onto a single pallet and are about 4’ high, but they can be loaded individually. Each one is about 2’ x 2’ x 18” and I am guessing weighs 40 to 50 lb.

Any help would be appreciated. We will be returning to Colorado with a deuce; does anyone need anything hauled?

Arlyn

Attachments

KaiserM109

A followup: We have it all worked out. The folks at Ft. Sill are Great! They tweaked their schedule to make it work for me. We'll pick them up in the morning on the way to Norman.

I really like the face-to-face folks at the GL sites!

KaiserM109

Re: RE: Ft. Sill Pickup; Need Help

SCSG-G4 said:
... the MBU-100's in the background would have been my choice.
' Can't disagree, but someone else's wallet was more in tune with the force than mine. I went into overtime bidding as the high bidder on both lots, but the M2's were the only ones I could hold on to.

This was my 8th attempt. It worked out well, though. My daughter and her husband went over to Ft. Sill while a friend and I went to Norman, OK to get his M109A3. The other lots were off and gone again; these were close to our path and the timing was right.

I'll keep my eyes out, but in the mean time I will start figuring out what I have and what to do with it.

Arlyn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks