• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel aditive in your tank

REDWOLF

Has anyone ever put fuel system cleaner or anything like that in your 6.2 fuel tank for taking the water out or just cleanimg the sytem. If so what brand do you like? :grd:

Shop Rat Fab

I put oil in mine so I buy less fuel and recycle it but here in Michigan I'm done now due to cool weather setting in. I only mix oil in the summer months by running 1/4 oil per 3/4 of fuel but friend of mine went 50/50 this year. I filter it though an old pair of jeans with the leg tied in a knot and let it seep through into a 5gal bucket.

fantastico

From my understanding, using old filtered oil does nothing for MPG, BUT cuts down on the cost per gallon. SO, if you do 50/50, it cuts the cost in half, granted you get the used oil for free. Used motor oil is UMO. Make more sense? PLUS, most say it quiets the engine down too.

fantastico

YES, oil is oil, for the most part. Filter it to get the big stuff out, id find a way to get the metal flecks out as well, and stick it in. Check your filters on the engine too. This is my understanding of it. others may be able to direct you more.

usmc_05

From what i understand, when gas stations started using "highway diesel" at the pump with lower sulfer and all that crap, it had less lubrication properties as the regular diesel did. So in adding oil to your highway diesel fuel you are adding that lubricating property back into your fuel.