• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Can Mounting on the outside

SFC Deal

Has anyone mounted a fuel can holder on the outside of their M1009? I would like to mount one to the Left rear antenna area. Will this area hold the wait of a full can of fuel???

If you were to do it, you would need some support behind the sheet metal, like large washers or a plate. There would be a lot of twisting force on that area since the cans are about 2 feet tall, so you would probably need something to support the top. I can't think of an easy way to complete this.

Why do you want a fuel can holder on the outside?

2HIJOS2126

I would also recommend against this idea... There are plenty of other locations to mount an extra jerry can that would require less effort to accomplish... Just my $.02 though...

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I carry diesel In one and water In the other with no problems. I through bolted with 4- 1/4" bolts with 1/4" fender washers and nuts on the inside. I used 5200 on the outside to seal the bolt holes between the mount and the truck. Don't forget It Is double walled with the inner and outer sheet metal. Note: do not over tighten the bolts are It will try to squeeze the two sheet metals together. It Is pretty stiff In that area due to the proximity of the bends In the sheet metal close to the fuel can mount. Positive for mounting the can there Is It don't rattle against the truck due to the can sits against the window gasket. It was one of those things where I had a brain fart one night and It worked out. Hope this helped?

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

new 12-13 043.JPG
The area is double walled and I used a rubber washer against the rear quarter as well as a large flat washer behind the fuel can and on the inside. I have both cans filled with fuel and there is zero movement or flex. They go on nice. used 2-3/4" thru bolts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks