• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Cap Gasket

that1028guy

Just incase anyone has, or will have the issue I had, My fuel cap gasket fell apart the other day fueling up. I didnt think that much about it till
I got home and realized I was leaving a trail of 3.70/gal diesel.... CRAP! So I started to look around at the parts stores... Never fun if you cant say you need a part for a 86 k30... But I found one that works, Its a thermostat gasket. Oreillys pn: MCS2381

cucv1833

Fuel Cap | AutoZone.com

Autozone link to page will a whole assortment of replacement fuel caps for the 86 K30, 6.2 diesel.

Why replace the gasket on the cap, when you can put a locking cap on the thing?

I believe the caps and filler necks on the Cucv is larger than the Civy one. Never had to replace mine yet. See below threads

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/8654-fuel-cap-replacment-same-civy.html
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/51993-m1009-locakable-gas-caps.html?highlight=fuel+cap

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel Cap | AutoZone.com

Autozone link to page will a whole assortment of replacement fuel caps for the 86 K30, 6.2 diesel.

Why replace the gasket on the cap, when you can put a locking cap on the thing?

Do you own a CUCV? Have you ever removed the fuel cap?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just incase anyone has, or will have the issue I had, My fuel cap gasket fell apart the other day fueling up. I didnt think that much about it till
I got home and realized I was leaving a trail of 3.70/gal diesel.... CRAP! So I started to look around at the parts stores... Never fun if you cant say you need a part for a 86 k30... But I found one that works, Its a thermostat gasket. Oreillys pn: MCS2381

Thanks for the info. I have added it to the CUCV FAQ thread [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks