• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel capacity

cucvrus

Easy fix. Put another tank on the other side. They are the same tank and brackets just in reverse. The filler neck can still be accessed through the rear wheel opening. No need to cut a hole thru the body. I done it at a customers request on an M1010.

MilChevyguy

Cucvrus...>THAT is an amazing idea...!!!....Did you use a crossover or a switch valve for feed? any purge problems or air bubbles?? more info if you remember please....2 tanks is twice the range (if I get mine to start again):driver:

cucvrus

I did put a manual valve on the floor at the seat riser. I was not fancy enough to put a fuel gauge in the right tank. The man that wanted it did not want one anyway. He was like me and was looking for a low budget add on that could be removed without altering the original design. He was tapping into a Yamaha diesel generator. He has passed away now and the truck was sold at an estate auction for next to nothing. I only found out about it about 2 weeks after it was sold. I heard $800. was all it brought because they could not get it started. It had a Cole Hersee battery cut off on it and they never knew that. The auctineer sold it without the key beacause he said he only had the door key and the steering wheel was slightly turned against the column lock and they could not turn the key. They assumed the square key was missing. The buyer contacted me for advise on getting it moved and started. I should have acted all dumb and told him the thing was junk and gave him $2k for it. But I didn't. I helped him out and showed him the proper operation of the whole unit.

Csm Davis

You can get the stock civilian dual tank setup but the switch was known to have problems. I will be using a valve off a 5 ton tractor with a original switch for just switching between the senders.