• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel capacity?

Wolfie

Everywhere I look it says the m1009 has a 27/gal tank...why does my '86 only take 20 gallons?

AJMBLAZER

Do these trucks have a system like modern fuel injected gassers with the fuel vapor return lines and all that? I had a Ranger where the charcoal canister was practically solid and after replacing it I could put an extra gallon or two in on empty tank fill ups.

NorthPatrol

I was kind of wondering that myself. I was a little under 1/4 tank and filled it. Now if the tank truely is 27 gallons it should have taken over 20 to fill it and it only took 16. That would make it a 20 gallon tank?

Hmmmm.......

NorthPatrol

AJMBLAZER said:
Should be 28 or so gallons just like all of them. GM only offered a 28 or 31(32?) gallon tank in the K5 Blazers/Jimmy's.
Not completely accurate. Up until 1978 they offered a 20 and 31 gallon tank. After that they offered a 24 and 31. However in the specs for the M1009 they list it as having a 27.

And if you look at replacement tanks that are offered they list them as 25 and 31.

Wolfie

No dents that I know of...I'll have to check the sending unit 'cause this is royally confusing now...perhaps someone changed my tank somewhere along the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks