• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel, contaminated, odd...

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't help thinking of two very basic ways to remove the crud & water from fuel, even though they (or one), are probably not applicable to some geographic areas.

1st is set the container outside over night, colder the better, as in below zero. Then just pour the clean fuel out the next morning. If its too thick/heavy to pour, you don't want it in your fuel system. But you will not have water in it. When I find contamination in the my fuel, I just save it for winter.

The 2nd is to pour it through a chammy, as all our bush pilots religiously do. The chammy works on diesel too. A big funnel & chammy are pretty elementary & inexpensive.

Jeepsinker

Right, the water condenses,freezes and drops out. I did notice the short spell of cold we had helped but wasn't cold enough to do the trick, but the heat sure worked! Never thought of the chamois and funnel. Pretty good idea!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks