• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Cut Off Solenoid

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello
My fuel cut off solenoid in my 1985 CUCV has gone bad. Does anyone know where i can buy one?
Thanks
Found a bunch, looks like they used that db2 pump in a bunch of stuff. One thing you'd want to add is the gasket if it doesn't come with one.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

mynewtoy

Found a bunch, looks like they used that db2 pump in a bunch of stuff. One thing you'd want to add is the gasket if it doesn't come with one.

Thank you! I've never changes one. do you know of a video showing the process? I know the top of the IP has to come off but not sure after that.

CARC686

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got an entire seized Stanadyne DB2 on eBay for $50 and swapped the governor lid with the cutoff solenoid still in it onto a HMMWV pump to change it from 24V to 12V for my M1009. Leaves you with a lot of spare parts too. Came in handy for me.

Edited to add that when you reinstall the cover, you drop it on and slide it into position. You've got it right if you let it go and the spring pushes it out of place. If you get that lever behind the bit that actuates it, you've created a runaway condition. Always avoid if possible, but if you ever do get a runaway condition, pinch the fuel return line closed to kill the engine.

Barrman

The hardest part is getting the screws that hold the IP cover off without breaking them in my opinion.

I will try and do a video about it soon.

CARC686

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hardest part is getting the screws that hold the IP cover off without breaking them in my opinion.

I will try and do a video about it soon.
In order to remove the fasteners from the HMMWV pump, I had to slot them with a Dremel. I thought they were security Torx. They were actually a thing called pentatonix for which retail tools are not available.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you! I've never changes one. do you know of a video showing the process? I know the top of the IP has to come off but not sure after that.
It's 4 screws and the return hose. Pull up and it pops off. I haven't had a problem getting one off or on. You'll see where the solenoid arm lands when you take it off. Make sure your rack moves too. I have a pump sitting in the garage I can point to if you can't figure it out.

CARC686

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might need a new gasket for the governor cover. I just ordered a full Roosamaster rebuild kit to get it. It was something like $26 from a tractor parts supplier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks