• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel delivery problems m35a2

rjrj10

I need help! I changed the fuel filters on my m35, it was running perfectly before, now, the fuel will pass the primary fuel filter and goto the injector pump, but stops there. I have disconnected the line at the secondary filters and blown backwards with air to no avail. The rubber hose going into the bottom of the IJ pump isn't clogged, any suggestions? thanks.

bullfrog1234

you will have to bleed it, i know that some will say you don't, but some times you have to. drop the plug at the bottom of your injector and make sure you do not have any trash floating around.

3rdmdqm

Just out of curiosity, sounds like your in tank pump is not working if you opened the valves on the secondaries and nothing comes out, which means you would have to get fuel to the injector pump if there is air somewhere in the line or canisters. Did you prefill the secondary canisters or were they empty. you indicated you were getting fuel to the injector pump correct?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, sorry I didn't check back in. The in tank pump can sound like its working, but the hose could have a hole in it or the bottom plate could have fallen off the impeller.

rjrj10

Thanks for the input! I worked on the trk this weekend and got it working. I'm not really sure what changed unless the step up pump in the injector pump was in a position to block the flow of fuel. Just because I was at a loss, I turned over the engine, and the fuel started passing through the ij pump, then the secondaries filled, and the trk started. yeeha.

Heavysteven

I think it's always a good idea to pull and inspect the fuel pump. If the screen are clogged, bottom are about to fall off, or the hose is rotting you could windup breaking down.