• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel density compensator

jzettek

hi my name is jim and i was wondering if anyone out there could tell me what are the reasons or benefits to bypassing the fuel density compensator on a multi fuel engine.

fpchief

They will sometimes allow fuel to enter the crankcase, I think that may be the biggest reason to bypass. When bypassed, you will see a definite difference in fuel delivery. EGT gauge is recommended if you bypass. One of mine is bypassed, one isn't.

fpchief

Do yourself a big favor and search here and also YouTube. You should find alot of videos of them and past discussions.

jzettek

They will sometimes allow fuel to enter the crankcase, I think that may be the biggest reason to bypass. When bypassed, you will see a definite difference in fuel delivery. EGT gauge is recommended if you bypass. One of mine is bypassed, one isn't.
thanks for the advise i will definitely get a EGT gauge installed thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks