• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Draining back

detroitmuscle1986

So, we have installed an electric fuel pump, and installed a screw on napa fuel filter. With those two mods, a new starter and glow plugs the truck was starting like a champ! But, recently the fuel seems to be draining back into the tank somehow. The truck will fire right up, die, then puff white smoke until it eventually fires again. Any ideas to what it could be? Time for the IP to be rebuilt? Cracked fuel lines? Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

tourus

I would say look for a connection that loosen up one of the clamps on your fuel line and did you tape all your connection make sure all fittings are tight. then look at all fuel lines from the tank to filter and to IP pump.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
^^This. Those darned diesels are funny like that. There'll be no spots where fuel leaks out but air will be let in.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's made of rubber, replace it. Fuel lines that is. There is an opening somewhere in the system leting air in. Also, try checking the tightness of the screw on filter. Might need an extra half turn.

klmartin62

Electric pumps can bleed back if there is trash in the check valve inside the pump. It is usually better to install a quality pre-pump filter to avoid this. I get at least 1 a month that this is the problem.
Leon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks