• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter change out

army98

I'm changing my fuel filter Assy to the spin on type, question I have is other than the water in fuel light do I need to worry about the other sensors and heater? I hope not but had to ask....

army98

forgot to add I'll have a old fuel block with all electronics still attached to get rid of, the shutoff/water drain leak, need new plastic doo hickies lol

army98

fuel tank has rust in it and filter drain / water drain leak (suck air) currently changing fuel filter about every 800-1000 miles, spin on cost $6.00 original 18 - 24 $. Spin no is easer to change also.

M725

You can get filter and block complete for $49.99. You need to clean the tank or get a new one. I the long run it will be cheaper. The fuel block has 2 sensors in it . Why by pass them?

army98

This summer I'm going to replace the tank and add a 2nd one on the Pass side, I allways disliked the fuel filter setup on the cucv anyhow, prone to leaks ect....

army98

I got all mine through NAPA they looked it up to make sure it was right size and I just painted it green to match the Military look lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks