• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter change

72m35a2

getting ready to change all 3 fuel filters is there a special order for this or is just a straight forward filter swap. need to bleed the system afterwards ect?
thanks. mutil fueled ldt-465

The King Machine

I start with the motor mounted filters first, then the frame rail primary filter. Just make sure the filter seats properly and be sure to clean the cans out before reassembly.

Switch on the lift pump in the tank, then purge the air out of the system. I start at the filter closest to the tank.

If you want to do it the way Uncle Sam wants, read the TM.

dmetalmiki

That's the way we do them. And every 5 years the in tank pump filter screen is checked as well.They usually need a clean, and some have dropped the shims. Put them back and center pop the surround to stay them in.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Always found it easier to get all my trucks back running after doing filter swaps if I let it idle for a bit before I do em. Warmer engine is a lot easier to get running with a little bit of air in it. Then again it is 100 degrees most places.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks