• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter houseing

markg

What did civilian units use the pressure sensor for? I thought that was a military (ste/ice) use only.
my 87 v1500 had the same fuel leak down problem as the military ones did. i replaced the assembly with one already repaired some time ago. i looked through my pile of old units but found none any different. i dont have the truck anymore or i would check it. i have read that the newer bases did away with the sensor and the hole drilled in the base but i have not seen one.

Hasdrubal

Years ago I bought a brand new OEM civy filter base, looked exactly the same, with heater and water in fuel sensor but did not have provision for the fuel pressure sensor. So, Doghead is correct, only military filter bases had the fuel pressure sensor, civy's don't.

markg

Years ago I bought a brand new OEM civy filter base, looked exactly the same, with heater and water in fuel sensor but did not have provision for the fuel pressure sensor. So, Doghead is correct, only military filter bases had the fuel pressure sensor, civy's don't.
like i said i cant remember what my 87 had, but i just watched a youtube video of a filter change and the base on his civilian truck clearly had a pressure sensor switch. here it is, thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L7_jvstNdg

goldneagle

I just upgraded mu fuel filter system to a Stanadyne FM100 and it did not come with the fuel pressure sensor. My truck seems to run fine without it. In fact it seems to start easier now.

Attachments

blackout

i got it at the junk yard today for 10 bucks it looks the same it has the psi sender and the plugs look the same but i did not install it yet

markg

i got it at the junk yard today for 10 bucks it looks the same it has the psi sender and the plugs look the same but i did not install it yet
I would not install the used part with the pressure sensor installed. you will be back where you started. lots of posts about how to fix the base if you chose to keep it. you can fix your old one to. there are 3 plugs from your old unit. if you remove the pressure sensor(round looking with 2 wires. its the middle plug) and fix or plug the hole no one will ever know and your truck will not be affected in any way.

Gm tried to keep the pressure sensor for use as a fuel restriction measuring device in civilian trucks from what i have read. i would love to know the official position.
gm issued two tsb's addressing the leak down problem, the first repairing the leak at the bottom drain valve oring, the second being to drill and tap the hole at the pressure switch. good luckaua

Last edited:

blackout

ya i will check fix it up before i install it i never had to do anything to the one on my 1028 but i just got a beat up m1009 the guy rigged up he put a inline gas filter on it that has to go

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our rules do request capitalization.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks