• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter mod and Jacket heater

DonK

Been awhile since posting anything....
My oh9 began having start issues so I decided to do the Filter Filter mod..thanks to all who did the research..all the info I needed was on this site.
Used NAPA 4770 base and 3406 filter.
Kinda concerned about the old wiring from the old base. Anyone have a problems?
btw-also installed a Hotstart Jacket heater...works great :)

Attachments

JSF01

I am also in Montana and made it through the winter without using my block heater, or additives, but I'll admit it sometimes took 5-8 seconds of cranking on the coldest days.

@ M1008driver, How much dose that diesel treat seem to help with starting on those very cold days.

Also are you the guy that lives about two blocks from me? Stopped and chatted a bit while I was replacing my glow plugs, though I don't recall ever seeing his M1008 with a topper.

M1008driver

It's me. I originally had a topper. The Diesel Treat not only prevents gelling, but lubricates too. The best price I found is at Big R. My M1008 starts easily after the gp cycles each time and I do think it is the additive.

Diesel Treat Anti-Gel
The introduction of ULSD has created several serious problems for diesel powered vehicles. During the refining process of removing sulfur, important properties such as lubricity and BTU’s are reduced. Howes Diesel Treat will help prevent your diesel fuel from gelling in cold weather and correct the inherent problems caused by ULSD fuel. Howes Diesel Treat replaces the lost lubricity and compensates for lower BTU’s by improving combustion, resulting in more power and better MPG’s.
Howes Diesel Treat demulsifies or displaces water out of the fuel, leaving only pure fuel to burn. As the vehicle moves and agitates, water is easily removed by the water separator. Products that emulsify or disperse water into the fuel are usually alcohol or solvent based and can further damage key system components by allowing water to pass through the fuel water separator. Since water is abrasive, it tends to score or wear down the close metal to metal tolerance of the injection system causing smoke and loss of MPG’s.The perfect solution to prevent these problems is to treat each purchase of ULSD fuel with Howes Diesel Treat.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks