• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter mod help

chevywood

Hey guys, I have a few questions for you. I have read several threads, and sure I missed something but here goes. I am getting ready to do the spin on fuel filter mod and was curious as to what the line that goes to the bottom of the old base for. Also, I got one of the bases from gimpy rob and was wondering what the plastic plug in the front of the housing is for. I thought that I read it was an air bleed, but with everybody putting pet cocks on with the extra port I am not sure.

Attachments

chevywood

We'll, here it is guys, got my spin on base installed today, went pretty smooth. For the bracket I just used the old bracket and cut the bottom off, flipped it over and welded it, no drilling required. The only thing I wish I would have done different, and I might go back and change them out would be 90 degree elbows to attach the lines to, oh her than that I hope this fixes the hard start problem after it has been sitting for a day. Will put the filter on and bleed tomorrow. Just wanted to share.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bleed port on the front spews fuel all about. That's the reason many have installed a valve in the extra port for bleeding. As for the line on the old base, that is for draining water or other foreign objects from the filter. The element you are about to install has a drain valve as well.