• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter subs

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a heads up on this subject, the original secondary and final fuel filters for the multifuel engine (11610298) are rated 5 microns. The WIX/NAPA 3512 is only 10 microns.....
Considering the possibility of rust particles in a 40 year old fuel tank and metal to metal seals in the IP and FDC, I'd be concerned....

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Bjorn, there have been posts about other filters that ARE 5micron. I don't know the #s off hand or I would post them for you. A search might bring them up.

gimpyrobb

Dang it, its here somewhere. There is a cartridge filter that goes in the secondarys that is 5 micron. I wish my search karma was better.

gimpyrobb

Bjorn, can you PM an email addy? I have a spread sheet from Baldwin filters that will not copy and paste for some reason.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, got the info.
The FF906 is only 3-5/8 inches tall and will not work. Can't find any spec on the FF973, which is the Hastings equivalent to the NAPA 3512 other then what you were told by the Baldwin rep (it wasn't listed on the page you sent me).

Another potential problem with the NAPA filter is that the center hole is larger than the 11610298 OEM filter, it is not a snug fit. The sloppy fit makes it more difficult to install too.

The Purolator/Facet number is 053161-04, which fits perfectly and is 5 micron nominal.

gimpyrobb

To hi-jack a little, I have a stone type filter on my dropside truck. What is the correct way to clean those once "clogged"? I was thinking of spraying brake cleaner and using pressurized air, but wanted to ask before I dammaged the media.

jatonka

The Napa filter that is better is a #3540. That may be the one you are looking for.
my Spin on secondary and final adaptors filter at 6 microns. The Baldwin sopin on that fits my adaptors is probably better than 6 micron. JT out

Massm35a2

The Napa filter that is better is a #3540. That may be the one you are looking for.
my Spin on secondary and final adaptors filter at 6 microns. The Baldwin sopin on that fits my adaptors is probably better than 6 micron. JT out

How about running a 3336 as secondary and 3626 as final on your adaptors? That is what I plan on running. I will carry a spare if it blocks up. I had my calipers out and it should fit fine. Here are the specs.

Part Number: 33626
UPC Number: 765809336261
Principal Application: Caterpillar 3116, 3126, 3126B & 3126E Engines
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Fuel Filter
Service: Fuel
Media: Paper
Height: 7.090
Outer Diameter Top: 3.180
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 7/8-14
Burst Pressure-PSI: 440
Max Flow Rate: 12 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 2
Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 2.520 2.250 0.110

Part Number: 33336
UPC Number: 765809333369
Principal Application: Agco, IHC, Case, Galion, Hercules, Komatsu, Thermo King (Secondary) (6 Micron)
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Fuel Filter
Service: Fuel
Media: Paper
Height: 7.827
Outer Diameter Top: 3.698
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 7/8-14
Burst Pressure-PSI: 270
Max Flow Rate: 12 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 6
Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 2.729 2.415 0.255

Last edited:

IMA944T

Hey guys new to the sceen here. Have inheritated a 1970 2.5 Kaiser . Only has appox.35000 miles and it's all orginal. Would like to do some maintance on it but really don't know where to start. Have grease it and checked it over but want to change oil and filter and fuel filter. Have saw people talking and adapting spin on filters for fuel and everybody seems to have differant filter. Where can I get the spin on adaptors. and is Rotella 15-40 good oil for it?

DieselBob

Hey guys new to the sceen here. Have inheritated a 1970 2.5 Kaiser . Only has appox.35000 miles and it's all orginal. Would like to do some maintance on it but really don't know where to start. Have grease it and checked it over but want to change oil and filter and fuel filter. Have saw people talking and adapting spin on filters for fuel and everybody seems to have differant filter. Where can I get the spin on adaptors. and is Rotella 15-40 good oil for it?
here Ya go

Secondary Fuel Filter Adaptors for Multifuel Engines - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite