• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter subs

Massm35a2

Besides being easier to replace with the spin on, is there any advantages to the other than OEM style filters?

Some people have reported rust forming in the stock cans.

My own opinion is that I can put a 2 micron in the final position and I will feel better protected. I have the filter already and will be installing it this weekend

yeager1

Think I found it, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

NAPA Primary filter- #3511, Gasket #5130
NAPA Secondary- #3512, Gasket #5070
NAPA Final- #3512 OR RECOMMENDED #3540, Gasket # 5070

jatonka

The gasket for the primary is definitely a 5131, not the 5130. The rest of the cross ref numbers listed above are corrct for OEM replacment Napa filters and gaskets. JT out

Last edited:

EZFEED

To hi-jack a little, I have a stone type filter on my dropside truck. What is the correct way to clean those once "clogged"? I was thinking of spraying brake cleaner and using pressurized air, but wanted to ask before I dammaged the media.
Whoa....you got a pick of that Gimpy?????

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The NAPA 3511 is a 10 micron filter and not well suited for a primary water separator/filter...

The original mil-spec primary is 40 micron for the deuce. For comparison, the primary for my xm757 8x8 is rated 50 microns..

greygoat

10 Micron is the size of 1 grain of Talcum powder.
You can't see 1 grain of talcom powder !
I wouldn't worry about using 10 micron elements
My experiance is in Industrial Hydraulics, where
10 micron filtration is the normal application.

yeager1

Greygoat, the issue Bjorn is talking about is using too fine of a filter in the primary because it will clog faster then courser filter will.
About 40 microns is at the lower limits of visibility, but 10 microns can still be abrasive, although mildly so. It won't break anything, but it can still wear components down.