• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter switch

blzrgb

Bought a new fuel filter block from a guy on ebaymotors for my 1008 and when it got here it didn't have the fuel pressure sensor. I happen to have a few new ones so no big deal. Or so I thought. The new filter block I bought has a smaller diameter place to mount the sensor and therefor my switches won't fit the new block.Has anyone else had this problem?
12-06-09_1414.jpg

12-06-09_1415.jpg

Cucvnut

Yes i had the same issue i bought one also i hooked everything else up and left the sensor wire off the wiring harness unplugged and i have has ZERO problems not having that sensor on my fuel filter housing.

blzrgb

That's what I thought. But the "new" block I bought has the machined hole in it and the pressure switch just won't fit. That's what's got me bumfuzzled. It's like we're dealing with 3 different types of blocks OR 2 different types of pressure sensors. Does that make sense ??:confused:

Cucvnut

thats odd !!! i know a guy on here had a block and a small freeze plug fit in it and he did not have to use a tap he just pressed it in to the housing.

jimm1009

GM did away with this switch later in life. It is not something that was for military only and they took it out of the prints. The newer fuel filter block is not drilled for the switch so there is no problem with using it and fuel leaks.
Plug it in and go!

jimm1009

blzrgb

The new block I bought is drilled for the switch and the sensor won't fit. That's what has me puzzled here. If the switch won't fit, it must be the newer block, but fuel will definately leak because it's drilled out and fuel will pour out the smaller brass elbow. :confused::confused::confused:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks