• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter

Rhodesia

Question, I bought a 1953 M37 and I have had it for one month now. I need to change the oil and it looks black as a black cat, so what kind of oil would you recommend to use, second I would like to change the fuel filter, this looks like it has been on since the Korean war, and I also would like to have someone help me with the Gage's in the instrument panel when the vehicle is operating my oil pressure Gage is always on 60 for the pressure, the battery Gage never goes past the red zone even through the battery's are at full charge, and my temp Gage I don't even thing that works at all. I have a 24 volt system, I did find out that they make these Gage's in 12 volt and 24 volt. Thank you

Last edited:

foxtrk2

as an owner of a 37 the fuel filter if its original id take it off and put an inline filter along the frame , as for oil the die hard purest would recommend a straight 30 wt oil I use rottela 15/40 oil with six yrs of success, gauges well many reasons for those problems first make sure your spider harness behind the dash is all hooked up and second make sure sending units are the compatible types for the gauges douglas or the other one, cant remember name but they have to match metal conectors or rubber connecters you cant mix them I had lots of the same troubles with mine but most fo it was making sure grounds and power sources were good hope that helps a little oh and if the truck is original don't forget to check the built in filter inside the tank it can be a good source fo trouble its a hard stone filter on the end of the pickup tube