• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter

Brutusdog

I need an explanation or direction to where I might find this info about the fuel filter on my M1009. There are three hoses on the filter. One coming up from the bottom is the inlet. Why are there two on the right? Obviously one is the outlet, what is the other? I am sure there is a simple answer, but I cannot find the explanation.

Brutusdog

I have noticed that some of the folks that replace the original with a spin on, only have in the inlet and the outlet. If it is a tank return ( which makes sense) how do I deal with this?

HikerMan

I believe I read that spin on filters do not have fuel/water separator or a heating element like the factory one? Not sure, but if so then I have no intentions of installing a spin on. Speaking of that I need to get around to changing my fuel filter :|

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simply answered if you read the TM.

Wolf.Dose

The serial filter assy is junk. Replace by a somewhat up to date filter system. Modern fuel filters include a water seperation system in the filters. The fuel in water sensor you do not need with these days fuel filters. If you stick to the original stuff it is adviable to change the filter after ar laest 40000 miles

acesneights1

I was gonna try using a FFM of a 6.5 TD. The square ones we use are prone to leaks and causing air in the fuel.

blackhueys

"The fuel in water sensor you do not need with these days fuel filters" why not my water in fuel light came on about a month ago opened the drain on the bottom of the housing and water came out how would I know this without the light just wondering? I also change my filter once in the summer and once in the winter I figure cheap insurance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks