• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filters

MoAllen

I am going to bypass the fuel filters (and remove) them and add two racor diesel filters with the clear glass on the buttom, I have this setup on my 34 ft sport fisherman boat and works great . It will filter down to 2 microns the other filter is a fuel /water separator. It will stop 99.9 % of all water. This will be spin on filters and will look alot cleaner.
Allen

Attachments

MoAllen

That is good and I ordered his oil filter adaptors but with the raycor you will only need one filter insteat of three, that is if you use the 2 micron fuel/water filter

MoAllen

You have to go to the raycor site and look for a diesel filter setup that will handle the flow. One filter is all that should be needed unless you use waste oil.
Allen

mangus580

Re: RE: Fuel filters

sprucemt said:
Offroadfabworks said:
you can also get the adapters from www.ODiron.com
ODIron does not sell JATonka's Primary Fuel Filter Adapter for a deuce.

ODIron sells a fuel filter base.

I am suprised that Offroadabworks would make such a statement.
He only said you can get adapters... he never said they were Jatonka's adapters.

ODIron DOES advertise here... a good bonus, I might add.

sprucemt

Re: RE: Fuel filters

mangus580 said:
sprucemt said:
Offroadfabworks said:
you can also get the adapters from www.ODiron.com
ODIron does not sell JATonka's Primary Fuel Filter Adapter for a deuce.

ODIron sells a fuel filter base.

I am suprised that Offroadabworks would make such a statement.
He only said you can get adapters... he never said they were Jatonka's adapters.

ODIron DOES advertise here... a good bonus, I might add.
The only adapters refered to were JATonka's. The context of Offroadabworks sentence indicates that JATonka's adapters were available at ODIron, which they are not. ODIron does not sell adapters. It is pretty clear on ODIrons website that he sells a readily available aftermarket filter base.

Lets keep the facts correct.

devilman96

RE: Re: RE: Fuel filters

Yes let's...

I would ask you to do what I do when it comes to other vendors… Which is not publicly point them out by name… Its unprofessional… It use to bug the snot out of me but these days I honestly can’t complain much as you have really helped ODI along.

Not that I have any right to tell you how to conduct yourself but… Try not to be so negative… Support the hobby that pays our pay checks! Support some rallies! Sponsor some rallies! Sponsor some of the members in their projects… Support the websites that keep us in business…

Oh and…. Keep supporting me by mentioning my name here, MV List, in emails, PM’s, phone calls, to vendors, manufactures, etc, etc, etc… The publicity, the search engines hits, the newly made customers and supplier contacts it brings me really helps to sell my common parts!

Oh... and I do make base adapters for LDT's oil and fuel! I just dont market them per an agreement with another SS member.

TommyG45

RE: Re: RE: Fuel filters

Hey guys,

Speaking as someone new to the hobby, and somewhat new to SS. I get a lot of great information from this site when people mention vendors and product by name. I have created a rather extensive folder of green iron related links, but it pails to what I have been able to add to it from the information found here. So for us new guys mentioning suppliers and product by name is actually very helpful. I can appreciate all the views here though. I don't do this for a living or to help offset living expenses, but have a deep sense of respect for those of you who do, it really helps us all.

Thank you....

Tommy

sprucemt

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fuel filters

devilman96 said:
Yes let's...

I would ask you to do what I do when it comes to other vendors… Which is not publicly point them out by name… Its unprofessional… It use to bug the snot out of me but these days I honestly can’t complain much as you have really helped ODI along.

Not that I have any right to tell you how to conduct yourself but… Try not to be so negative… Support the hobby that pays our pay checks! Support some rallies! Sponsor some rallies! Sponsor some of the members in their projects… Support the websites that keep us in business…

Oh and…. Keep supporting me by mentioning my name here, MV List, in emails, PM’s, phone calls, to vendors, manufactures, etc, etc, etc… The publicity, the search engines hits, the newly made customers and supplier contacts it brings me really helps to sell my common parts!

Oh... and I do make base adapters for LDT's oil and fuel! I just dont market them per an agreement with another SS member.
Yes, lets. First off, I specifically pointed to a link on this website, in the classified's and did not, I repeat did not mention anyones name.
If you re-read the post, you will read that offroadabworks made minor mistake in using the word "the" in front of adapters. He is the one who choose to "plug" ODiron, making it look like ODiron carries JATonka's primary fuel filter adapters. Minor point it may be but it needed clarification, in my opinion..
And yes, it works both ways for all of us. It gives the members choice whether they want genuine issue, commercial aftermarket parts or custom made parts for, in these cases, deuce's.
Until the members stop asking where to get something, I will continue to point them to all the dealers who may have the product they are in search of.

No, you don't have the right to tell me how to conduct myself. I will always continue to provide facts, correct mis-information and point past, current or new members of SS to all the dealers out there that support this hobby. It is the members choice with whom they do business with. If I am wrong in my facts, I will correct myself.

As far as supporting the hobby, I am currently a member of the MVPA and 3 state MV organizations. I support this hobby by providing genuine issue parts and not crap made in Korea, Japan or China. I support the other MV parts dealers, ALL of them, equally.

And yes, I will continue to support you too. For every time I see favortisim toward ODiron on this site, when there are a multitude of dealers selling the same thing, I will point out who all the other dealers are.

devilman96

To the membership… Guys I am sorry… I have sat back for 2 years listening to this and not saying a word, I’ve over looked hundreds of postings, been sent far too many emails from vendors, or gotten WAY to many phone calls about Mr Bagwell telling companies what a awful person I am or how I pay SS members to do my bidding. How I am forcing him and others to lower pricing, how I am paying people to condemn products so that other vendors cant market them… on and on and on… People generally don’t buy it and I hate the “personal thing” but really… I’m fed up with it.

Sorry Don… but go ahead and un-edit your above posting… I am going to go ahead and hold you accountable to the proper level I’ve received over the past 2 years!

Favoritism, Let’s talk about it for a minute….

Is that me paying SS members to say bad things about you again?

Or am I using Steel Soldiers members on my pay roll to condemn something that someone you know sells again?

Or me paying members that are my friends to promote my site on steel soldiers? AGAIN!

Or I’m not really whom I say I am… I am Mangus or Steel Soldiers in disguise profiting from the innocence of the membership? AGAIN!

Or I just run ODI for some of the SS membership and were all in a plot to take over the entire MV hobby? AGAIN

Or I am now trying to corner the market on a product by not putting on a 300% mark up and its eating into something else? AGAIN!

Which is it THIS time Don? …

Support THIS SITE... Something other than constantly peddling your and your friends stuff for free while bagging and dogging the people whom do… You know... donations, rallies, tee shirts for rallies... or as mentioned advertising! Not you own personal MVPA and MV memberships!

Then ya know what will happen?…

You will get a lot more mentioning from the membership when your supporting the membership!!! You will also find out that it’s not something that has to be bought or paid for… People simply appreciate what the site has to offer and support those whom support the site! It really isn’t THAT difficult of a concept to grasp! No tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theories needed!!!

I’m sorry I started ODI… I’m sorry GL is here (or should I say I’m sorry you lost your back door into GL and your now having to pay like everyone else does?)… I’m sorry things have changed… I’m sorry the surplus market is different… I’m sorry the business as a whole is different. But adapt to it and stop blaming the world around you!

Leave my company out of your postings, emails, phone calls, PM’s, and or anything else for that matter. I don’t attack the people whom support you, nor do I attack the people you support… ACT LIKE A VENDOR… If you can’t respect THAT little bit of common courtesy then hey… why should I keep showing the same?

Guys i have not been on here as i have been taking care of some personal issues and such. but since this seems to have started a dang frenzy over my post let me CLEAR MY SELF!!

DON I DID NOT!! mean to show that ODiron sells Jatonkas stuff. but he sells his own adapters and just to put my 2cents in on this now. I THINK ODIRON sells a better set of adapters for oil and fuel then JATonka. but im not down grading or starting a war, but just stating my 2cents. im sure it will allow DON to start something of this. im sorry Chris and Mike and other members ill stop my venting and i wont edit my previous post but just clear it up by stating that

ODIRON DOES NOT SELL JATONKA adapters.. but sells HIS OWN PRODUCT!!

thanks,

(off my soap box)

sprucemt

My edit was that I spelled favortisim with a Z and I stilll think it doesn't look right.

After reading your second post, I am starting to wonder if you are confusing me with someone else?

I DO NOT SELL ANYTHING THAT YOU SELL. I have not lowered my prices because I don't compete with you.

And as far as your first paragraph, That is really bizarr. Really, really bizarr. In fact the more I read your post, the more I realize your talking about someone else.