• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel fired heater

hedelta

A friend had a fuel fired heater fuel pump go up on him any idea where to just get the pump or do you think a pump from lets say auto zone as long as it is 24 volts. What kind of output dose a standard one put out. Any help would be great.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Required fuel pressure is 3 to 15 psi. Yes, any 24vdc pump should be fine. My system runs at about 7 psi.
Oh, and the pump capacity is 25gal/hr.
The original pump is serviceable and has a filter built-in, so check that too...
the fuel must be well filtered.

Last edited:

ccequipment

While were on the subject of artic heaters, my use with them has only been with diesel fuel only. I have a few kits around and have a small warehouse that I am going to set one up as a display model but use it to heat the buliding. I am only out there for a hour or so each morning. My questions is has anyone played with burning fitered used motor oil and a diesel mix, of should I just stay with diesel. My fuel source would come from a warm building (60 degrees +) all the time so the fuel should be warm, except on start up with left over fuel in the cold building part of the lines.. I am thinking just staying with diesel would be the best, but what do you guys think?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I've been wondering, since the pumps seem to bring about $50 on ebay, what is the volume and psi of the intake heater pumps for a multi put out? I have several of them that I could use for this.

GoHot229

Some years ago I had a Southwind gas heater, which were widly used in VW's. I needed a igniter for it and searched, this was back in about 1994-95 or so and the Company that messed with them was in Castle Rock Colorado. They also used a specialty fuel pump. It might be that they are still in bussiness and could be contacted and a suitable pump found through them. For those of us with not enough budget for these nice fuel type heaters is there any agreement on which is the best water type heater to use in the Deuce? I keep seeing one in the Boyce Equiptment site, who is big into MV's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks