• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel for m37.

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be more concerned about the level of Ethanol in the fuel. I will go bad much faster than "normal" gas since it absorbs water. no amount of additives will prevent that except removing the ethanol...

if you don't drive it often, the fuel can turn in as little as 6 weeks. you can find stations with no ethanol, but they are far between...

if your driving it often, then there is no worries...

Capt.Marion

87 octane, regular unleaded. If anything, pick up a bottle of the red stuff called "Sta-bil" to add to the gas tank each time you fill up if you don't go through fuel with it very quickly.

Oldfart

The stock truck was designed to operate on fuel with an Octane rating of 68. I don't know what retail fuel requirements are for BC, but I don't think you can find that low of an octane rating anymore. Again, I have no idea if BC requires oxygen enhancers and if so at what times of the year. Concern over the longevity of fuel with alcohol added is somewhat related to the average relative humidity of the environment the truck is in. My average RH is 12% so I don't worry too much about the alcohol adsorbing moisture to the point of dropping out of solution with gasoline. The greater concern is what the alcohol will do to old fuel pump diaphragms, the rubber fill neck connectors and flexible fuel lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks