• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel gage question

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started truck today noticed the fuel gage was reading past the Empty mark, I know it has fuel as I filled it before I park it last . When turning one the main switch the gauge seems to be grounded as the level moves slightly to empty . Amy one ever seen this ? Maybe my sending unit is stuck . Was going to take it out for a ride tomorrow after I put starting wheel back on , hesitant to put it back on if I need to take dash apart and troubleshoot

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will check it in am it got dark here , I saw it was
Working the other day, who knows lol , seems they always want us to chase a bug , only thing I did different was raised the cab today and swapped out the cab suspension bags with a pair of the upgraded type

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked the resistance in the sender and all I get is OL nothing changes /

I fixed it..... I suspected the float was stuck so I removed the Phillips screws and pulled it up checked the resistance and it was present, I re-installed the sender / connected the plug, and now it is reading again

Last edited:

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI - Had a similar issue but... It ended up being one of the wires had backed out of the Packard connector when I was swapping out a sending unit. Check that connector's integrity if the issue re-surfaces.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks