• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Gauge bottoms out

bartmech88

All right need some help. I was messing around under the dash. Now every time I turn on the headlights the fuel gauge goes to empty. Has anybody come across this? And if so do you have a fix?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be easy. If it were me I'd go back under the dash, wiggle and seat the plugs on the dash gauge connections.

My guess is you have lost a sure ground path to the instrument panel. The current demands of the instrument illumination lights are now finding a secondary ground path through the fuel tank gauge.

Rick

Rick

soule64

I had the exact same thing happen on my M1008 - ended up being a bad ground. Check all of the grounds in the headlight circuit and under the dash (clean to bare metal & reset), especially the headlight switch as the shell of the switch grounds itself to the dash. I did it all at once so I don't know the exact culprit, but everything works now. Hope this helps.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More than likely it is the ground wire connection next to the parking brake. It is where the 6 legged connector is. The connection provides the ground for the entire instrument cluster and associated items.

Remove, clean and reinstall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks