• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel gauge bouncing

D10

is this a common thing with these trucks? its not a big deal but was curious about it. if it is common is there any way to fixx?. also the speedo is about 5 miles off with the stock 31's

jfnemt1ff1

Some movment is normal, If it goes all over the place check the ground wire for the sending unit. You used to be able to go to the GM dealership and till them the tire size they could give you a difftent gear for the spedo cable at the transfer case.
John

gasman

Also the tanks on the cucv is not baffled, during 12 years in the motor pool i have seen alot of that. We used to take out the sending unit in install a baffle bucket that the sending unit sets in. the problem was solved. It really isnt a big deal unless it stops moving altogether.

Brutusdog

Fuel gauge bounce

My fuel gauge works fine, until I turn on the turn signal. With each click, it drops 1/16 of a tank. Once the turn in complete, it slowly goes back up to where it belongs. I think it must be a ground issue. Where is the fuel gauge grounded?

kenny

My fuel gauge bounces also like some one is flicking it but only when it is not completly full. it starts ant about 3/4 of a tank and stops at a 1/4 tank.as long as it bounces it has fuel.

Nape sales the sending units for 67 dollars for the 2 hose one and 100 some thing for the 3 hose one if it bothers you.

kenny

They do go bad.The part on the sending unit that goes out it looks like a 1 inch long popcicle stick with coper wire wraped around it like a square spring. Once the other part that rides up and down that little coper wire a millian times it wears out.
It will some day wear out and loose contact compleatly and no more bounce. It will just peg out to full as all Chevy gauges do when they are dis-conected

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks