• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel gauge decided to quit on me today.

D10Blazer

Hello everyone Kris here just a little back ground I am entirely new to the m1009 Chevy blazer however I was a diesel tech in the military so I know my way around a vehicle here is where the problem lies I can only find military TM's to which don't seem to help my situation due to the fact that the vehicle has been converted to 12v ( which I heard was just changing the starter) or I am looking in the wrong place so here it goes. I was puling apart the dash to replace my dash lights most of them being burnt out or had bad connections, when I finally got behind the dash I had decided to clean the power grid that powers the electric fuel gauge and the dash lights. After I had cleaned the power terminals and all of the dirt and grim I plugged in the dash,fuel gauge, and bulbs to check power only to watch my fuel gauge fall way below empty ( I have a full tank). Could I have possibly shorted the gauge i checked all of the fuses non of them are bad when i bridged the top two posts the gauge read 3/4 to full were the fuel level read before I had started replacing the bulbs. Any and all help is appreciated I apologize if there already is a feed for this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks