• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel gauge dysfunction

100acre

My fuel gauge has been stuck on full even when close to empty so I installed a new sender in my m1008 and fuel gauge still says its got a full tank.I tested the sender, its fine.the wire going to the sender had a pigtail connector which was loose and now rigged to fit. . Had some issues with the hot wire.The ground is grounded. According to the multi-meter it says the gauge is bad. where can I buy a new printed circuit board (looks coroded) and gauge or am I doing something wrong?

Asgar

Just to be sure... do you have a very good ground at the fuel tank? Like to the frame with a star washer and connected to good metal on the tank fuel pick up? If not so sure, you could put an aligator clip on the metal fuel pipe on the pickup and connect to a good ground to troubleshoot this.

For what it is worth, my M1008 reads beyond full when full, drops to half at 13-15 gals, then to E when there are 7-10 gallons left in the tank. It is very consistent but not accurate.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All military fuel gauges are made using old arcane magic, to fuze the souls of dead politicians and lawyers to the gauge.

know how I know this? they all LIE!

Last edited:

100acre

Just to be sure... do you have a very good ground at the fuel tank? Like to the frame with a star washer and connected to good metal on the tank fuel pick up? If not so sure, you could put an aligator clip on the metal fuel pipe on the pickup and connect to a good ground to troubleshoot this.

For what it is worth, my M1008 reads beyond full when full, drops to half at 13-15 gals, then to E when there are 7-10 gallons left in the tank. It is very consistent but not accurate.

I was thinking the ground could be better I like the star washer idea thanks

100acre

pigtails

The hot wire pigtail connector (female) plug that connects to the fuel sender was broke off nearly at the point of no return I've just barely been able to rerig it but I'd like to get another. Any ideas where I may find something like that ? LMC does not have anything in their catalog

Tanks

Last edited: