• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel gauge mep002-3

Walt4653

:driver:HI, FOUND A SOURCE FOR THE TOP OF A FUEL GAUGE FOR THE 002-003 DIESAL TANK. IT IS MAGNETIC AND UNSCREWS FROM THE TANK. PART NUMBER 5844s01793 . E-COMPONENTS SELLS THESE FOR $28.00 PLUS SHIPPING. ASK FOR TAMMY, 1-800-640-1556. THE ORIGINAL GAUGE WAS MANUFACTURED BY ROCHESTER GAUGES, THEY BUY THE GAUGE FROM E-COMPONENTS. HOPE THIS IS OF USE TO SOMEONE. MAYBE SONE ONE HAS THE NEED FOR THIS ITEM,
WALT

zoltarp

Thanks for the info, now if I can just get her to answer the phone ...
EDIT
She has the gauge faces in stock in either aluminum brass or plastic for $28 for aluminum or $32 for brass didn't get a price on plastic. She seems real nice, thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

1800 Diesel

Sounds good Walt--I have an MEP2 with a gauge that actually works but the lens is all "frosted" with a bunch of cracks...

Have you actually taken delivery of one of these & installed it?

Thanks,

Kevin

bigbird1

Go see your local Propane dealer, I got one for free, they come in several sizes and he had one that fit just like the stock one, the only thing it reads 0-100%. They are used for the 500 and 1000 gal propane tanks and work the same.

Last edited:

cuad4u

Call Delk's in case you need the entire fuel gauge and float assembly. One of my MEP's was missing the entire assembly. I drove up to Asheboro a couple of weeks ago and Delk's has brand new assemblies. They appear to be better than the originals because the float is made of fuel resistant plastic not cork. I think he gets around $60.

dangier

1800 Diesel
Sounds good Walt--I have an MEP2 with a gauge that actually works but the lens is all "frosted" with a bunch of cracks...

Have you actually taken delivery of one of these & installed it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,
I have purchased a couple of the gauges from e-components.com and they are easy to deal with and had the gauges in a few days. They still look new after 9 months or so. Work like original.
David

rustystud

Call Delk's in case you need the entire fuel gauge and float assembly. One of my MEP's was missing the entire assembly. I drove up to Asheboro a couple of weeks ago and Delk's has brand new assemblies. They appear to be better than the originals because the float is made of fuel resistant plastic not cork. I think he gets around $60.
Who is this "Delk's" you are talking about ? Do you have a number or website ? This price of $60.00 sounds pretty good to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks