• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel gauge

swyne

I would like to troubleshoot my fuel gauge. It stays in the same spot. I found a troubleshooting guide some time ago to use and now can't seem to find it or remember obviously were I placed it. Any help? I have a M1028

swyne

Ok the gauge read a needle with below 3/8 of a tank. Went down to fill it up. Took 6.8 gal.
Now it reads a needle width past 3/8 of a tank. The ground I took off and cleaned throughly alone with the frame were it mounts.

Attachments

swyne

I've got the dash apart. If I very carefully move the needle on empty it will then move it self to 3/8 once the key is turned on. If I place the needle to full. It then will go back to 3/8 once the key is turned on. I've got 12v on the left contact. I've got ground on the bottom contact. The right contact must be the wire coming from the sending unit?.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks