• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel in CUCV

Bozor1000

I have noticed that some people use waste oil from an oil change or ATF and other mixtures. Can this be done in a CUCV as well as those other MV's?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not without modification to the fuel system (if you want it to live for any length of time). Some people use ATF as an addative for IP lubrication, but I've not heard of anyone burning straight used motor oil.

acetomatoco

The pumps are very sensitive and don't even like the ultra low sulfur road Diesel... be sure to use a additive...

AJMBLAZER

Hey Bozor, I can recommend a guy on CK5 to get additive from. 5% CK5 member discount, good service, and prices cheaper than I can get the stuff locally. Good reviews as well.

AJMBLAZER

His brand...not sure where but not up here in the butt end of nowhere where I live. Only one brand of diesel fuel additive up here that I could find so I ran that. Then he became a vendor on CK5 and got some good reviews so I purchased a pint.

Just about any auto parts store and most gas stations have some form of additive...but some are good and some are crap.

Bozor1000

Alright. Because I am going to need some fuel. It came with a half a tank but since I've been charging it and running the truck for the batteries and starting it and checking it out, it is time for some fuel.

AJMBLAZER

Eh, I've been running the store stuff for over a year and a half with mine. No downsides and know lots of others who did the same thing. I just figured since his was reputedly better and price wise worked out better for me I'd give it a shot. If I ran out of his unexpectedly I'd not have a problem putting one of the "big name" brand diesel additives in it until I could get more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks