• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel in Oil...need help

cc24v

Hey guys its been awhile since I've been on here and had the same problem. Y'all had given me the advice to look in the injection pump where the fuel could leak into the oil. I took that apart but saw no fuel leaking. Is there anywhere else fuel would have the opportunity to leak into the oil?

Thanks, Patrick

kennys@wi.rr.com

Gimp is refering to the O-rings under the Hydraulic Head. Follow that link and you will see what they are and how to get to them. That is one of the first places I would look. There is also a small O-ring on the fuel shut off rod that could be the cause also. Replace all 3 of them and check it.

Flyingvan911

Does your truck have the manifold heater? It will be a couple of fuel lines running over to a piece sticking out of the pipe running up from the turbo to the intake manifold.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking at adding a multi-fuel M35A2 to the motor pool! After reading posts here that bypassing the FDC would do no harm, even running a waste oil mix, I found some interesting reading on this truck. The fuel tank is stenciled "Diesel fuel only" and there is a sticker on the filter cartridge, drivers side, that says something along the line of "This engine has had the FDC bypassed and can only be run on Diesel Fuel, no alternative fuels". I didn't write it down, but that was the gist of it. Can I ignore that and just run a 50% mix of waste oil and diesel? I would install a pyrometer (after the turbo I assume). I also saw a post about changing an o-ring from buna-n to viton? Anyone have any wisdom to share on this subject. Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And don't for get the boost pump, it's seal could also contribute to fuel in your oil.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Dodgedoug, you should probably start a new thread with your questions, but yes, most of that is correct, other than the pyro. I would install it before the turbo.

CC24v the guys got to most of what I think would be your problem. 3 O-rings for the hydraulic head and the booster pump. I have not had issues with the "cold start" system, but know others have I would check that too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks