• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel in oil

wharfman

I have a m54 with a multifuel motor in it im getting fuel in the oil ran about 3 hours and dump about a gallon of fuel in the oil were would be a good place to start to fix it. the truck run great ? thanks Dave

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In your Garage.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Most likely the O-rings in your IP, they dry up and allow fuel into the crankcase. Also could be the FDC if it's not bypassed.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To test if it's your Hydraulic head(o-rings or shaft), simply remove the shut-off cover and turn on your in-tank pump. Look with a mirror and you'll know for sure if the leak is there or not.

FDC, either bypass it(as the military did) or lift it out(4 bolts) and turn on your in-tank pump, and watch for leaks. Bypassing it is really the best plan.

Fuel fired intake heater, easily rebuilt with a couple O-rings.

Flyingvan911

I also have 3 or 4 quarts of something in my MF's oil. The oil is up to the word "about" on the dipstick. It thinned it enough to leak out of the seal on the front of the engine and sling all over by the water pump pulley. I am going to drain the oil tomorrow and see for sure if it's fuel or coolant. My coolant level doesn't seem to have dropped. I am not good at sniffing oil so I can't really tell so far. It has a sweet smell but so does clean oil. The oil doesn't seem to be discolored, just thinned a little. I did fill the fuel tank before the oil level rose but not above the line on the tank.

Flyingvan911

I changed my deuce's oil today. Definetly fuel in the oil. My FDC is bypassed already. How can fuel from the flame heater nozzle get into the crankcase? I would think it would get sucked into the engine with the intake air and burned.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
look at your HH or boost pump next.

bazookajoe

Hey Doghead, 1000 comedians are out of work and yer crackin jokes......almost wet myself, but I had the same problem.My FDC had been bypassed and it was dumping fuel in the base. I think these guys are on target....cost me $250 for a rebuild if u can't do it. Good luck

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a general search for "density bypass" and found several threads that cover this issue well. Here's a post from one that has all you need to know. Right click on it and open in a new window, for bigger picture.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/28216-post11.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks