• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Injection Pump Help

kentuckyroller

I'm trying to find a fuel injection pump for my '85 M1009. I called a junk yard and they have the "73.8mm version and the 83.7mm version" in their inventory. Which one should I get?

Thanks so much!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
kentuckyroller said:
I'm trying to find a fuel injection pump for my '85 M1009. I called a junk yard and they have the "73.8mm version and the 83.7mm version" in their inventory. Which one should I get?

Thanks so much!

Not sure I would want a junkyard pump, plus going through all the trouble to replace the IP....
If you have $438.00 or so you can get a rebuilt pump from Oregon Fuel Injection, I just replaced the IP on my truck with one of their pumps and I'm very happy with it.

My 2cents....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: Fuel Injection Pump Help

tsmall07 said:
How do you know when the IP is bad?
In my case, the throttle shaft seal was leaking, that plus when I pushed in the advance plunger at idle the engine didn't sound any different, it should slow down/run rough.

CCATLETT1984

RE: Re: RE: Re: Fuel Injection Pump Help

you will have hard starting when the engine is hot when the ip is starting to wear out, since the tolerences open up and the fuel is thinner at the higher temp. this will lead to loss of power and stalling.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I own a 85 CUCV M1028 that was bought by my father when cucvs were being replaced by the humvee and sold to the public. So he then gave it to me when I was 14 and the injector pump just croaked aua. And I was wondering where you guys recommend sending a cucv IP to get rebuilt
That does a good job and that's pretty reasonable too.

I guess I could of,I'm new to the forum so I'm not to familiar of how some of this stuff works. I just became a member today and I'm still trying to figure everything out

Hey thanks bud:smile:, and how reasonable are the prices for them to rebuild an Injector pump like that off of a cucv? And if I do ship them the injector pump, should I tell them that it came off of a J-code 6.2L diesel?

85CUCVtom

I'll second Antennaclimber on Oregon Fuel Injection. I have not rebuilt a pump through them but I have spoke to them on the phone a few times and their customer service is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to say thank you for the information on where to get a injector pump rebuilt, and when I ship it to them to get rebuilt should I put a note in the package and say it's for a J-code diesel?

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot to say thank you for the information on where to get a injector pump rebuilt, and when I ship it to them to get rebuilt should I put a note in the package and say it's for a J-code diesel?
I would call them and find out how they would like to handle the transaction. I ordered mine online and sent the core back with the return form that came with the new IP.

iacucv

I'm gonna ruffle some feathers here, and that's ok with me. From what I've read of this thread we have a new member, and not only a new member but a 14 year old new member at that. This kid has done the almighty search and came up with an old thread that matched his vehicles symptoms and asked for some help. So far he has gotten a few helpful responses and a couple oh so familiar sarcastic, demeaning, high horse replies. Sorry you guys always remind us lowly fellas of the rules of this and that..... I greatly value the information on this forum, and I want to continue to be a part of it. However I feel this forum is getting aggressive just as some other forums I never visit anymore got to be. Maybe some tact is in order, moderators, members and all. If you guys run off every new cucv owner that asks the stuff you know in your sleep this forum will be the same 6 people on your speed dial. And the sponsors, and the ads, and the forum is dead and all the Cucvs will rust away in a field. Anyway, I expect some less than pleasant comments on a forum but I do expect well respected members of the community and mods to have a certain standard of conduct in the forums I frequent. I'm not sure who exactly is head mod of this whole operation, but I sure hope someone makes sure he sees this post. Thank you all for trying to help this kid!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks