• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel injection pump isn’t pumping ….

Mikei998

Replaced my injector pump because my m998 just stopped running. Was getting fuel from the fuel filter but no fuel out the injector lines. Anyway replaced it thinking something in the pump quit . Installed new one with same results. So now I’m wondering if it’s an electrical issue to the pump? How do I check to see if it’s getting power to the pump or should I be looking at a different component? Im new at this so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wire number 54 should be plugged into the front connector on the IP, it should have 24V when the run switch is in the run position, you should be able to unplug it and when connected and the switch on you should hear a click from the injection pump.
Test it with a volt meter while connected, use a sharp probe on a volt meter to pierce the insulation, should be at least 22V with the run switch on.

Mikei998

Thank you everyone for the info it is greatly appreciated. I have one more question. Does anyone know what the rpm should be at idol ? After replacing the injector pump it seems to idol a little high .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks