• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel injector replacement

bryfor

I replaced a leaking fuel injector nozzle after determining it wasnt one of those pesky clamps or the rubber fuel line causing my issue. I installed a new sealing copper washer and torqed it to the spec in the manual. Im usually a stickler on using anti seize lubricant on most everything however it slipped my mind this time. There seems to be no mention of using it in the procedure. Anyone ever had a problem with one that was hard to remove? The repair went well so should I just let it ride? Thanx

cucvrus

If it starts and runs drive it. you are looking to deep. The nozzles are in these engine for 30 + years and I remove them with a 30mm nozzle socket and a 3/8" ratchet. You done the right thing.

bryfor

Thanx...I know youve been around these things for quite awhile and probably have experienced more repairs than I have. We had cucvs in my first duty at ftknox in 1984 thru my assignment at scholfield barracks hawaii ending in 1993. By then they were replaced with hummers which were much more difficult to work on. Thanx for the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks